Sunday, 21 November 2010

Selling Myself Short


I'd never really paid that much attention to Emma Watson, or to people raving about her looks. That isn't to say I never thought she was pretty, as she's obviously exquisite, but I'd never really given much thought to the hype as it were.

That was all to change when, one fine morning, a friend came on Facebook chat and excitedly linked me to the above photo of her. Her stint as Hermione finally over, Emma got her long locks chopped off in favour of a Mia Farrow-style pixie cut.

The cut polarised opinion; for every fashion blogger in raptures over her new look, it seemed there was at least another person in cyberspace appalled at Emma's decision. I for one sided with the former. Having never paid that much attention to her before, I was now enthralled. What a face! It had never struck me before that she should cut all her hair off, but now here she was, looking as if she was born for just such a cut.

It got me thinking about my own hair. I'd already toyed with going a bit Mia Farrow myself way back in July (as can be seen in this post). Would I actually dare to do it now? I already had pretty short hair as it is, hair I liked in fact. As someone who always went by the motto 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' for other people's hair, should I just take my own advice this time.

After a few more months umm'ing and aah'ing, I finally decided to take the plunge and booked myself in for a cut at Mufti. Which, by the way, anyone who lives in the Manchester area should think about checking out, as it's really decently priced and the staff were fantastic. Having already asked me what I wanted over the phone, the hairdresser also went through some magazines with me to be absolutely sure of what I wanted. In about 45 minutes, someone with very little hair about their face stared back at me. I was infatuated and more than a little bit relieved! The hair actually looked...GOOD!

Throughout the day, I got tons of compliments on it and waking up the next morning was utterly refreshing, as I managed to shave a good 20 minutes off my routine by not having to touch my hair at all. It's safe to say I've fallen, hook, line and sinker, for the Mia Farrow 'do. Pictures soon to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment