Saturday, 28 August 2010

The Kids Are Alright


Name: Amanda Murphy
Age: 19
Height: 5'11
Measurements: 34-25-35
Shoe Size: 9.5 (UK 8/EUR 40.5)
Hair - Brown
Eyes - Brown
Agency - IMG Models

I was doing my geeky rounds of modelling agencies' development boards to keep my eye on any fresh new faces, when one face in particular caught my eye, that of Amanda Murphy. Something about her really reminded me of the alterna-chic, edgy models of the 90s, such as Milla Jovovich. I could totally imagine her kicking ass in some Luc Besson movie. She also reminds me of a young Linda Evangelista, particularly in photos like this one:


She also has legs for days:

But what I like most about Amanda is that she isn't just some cutie who will fade into the background of any fashion show or editorial she's in. Amanda's way more likely to have a special appeal. You wouldn't book her for a Covergirl campaign, but you would definitely think of her to represent a label or editorial with grit and edge.

In addition to being signed with IMG, the biggest modelling agency in the world, Amanda is also signed with Elite Model Management in Chicago and Women in Milan. She may be new on the scene, but I predict big things for Amanda Murphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment