Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Wine and Keats

Was it a vision, or a waking dream?
Fled is that music - Do I wake or sleep?
John Keats - 'Ode To A Nightingale'

This is absolutely my favourite line from any John Keats poem, thus meaning that the fact that we get to study him as part of our 'Reading the 19th Century' course this semester makes me very happy indeed. I do, however, feel as if I'm getting very old, very very quickly. I passed up going to Sex With Robots (a night in Manchester - yes it honestly is called that) to drink red vino and read some Keats. Granted, it needs to be done by tomorrow, so it was more a case of me being practical than boring. Although having said that, surely as a 20-year-old student, I should feel that practical is boring? The mind reels.

In other news, some more people came to view our house today. Every time this has happened, I have been unprepared and my room is therefore disgusting. It actually looks like I test plastic explosives in my spare time. I'm starting to wonder if the landlord thinks I have a genuine hygeine problem, although in my defence they've only warned us that we have a viewing once. Tom says this isn't on and they're meant to give you at least 24 hours notice before they bring people over for a house viewing. I then pointed out that this was the same landlord who didn't get our bathroom ceiling fixed for about a month (and even then only when Bethan threatened to get in touch with Homes4U), so I wasn't expecting much consideration from him. In fact, I'm almost happy I'll more than likely be moving back into halls next year. Yes, they set fire alarms off at ludicrous hours, but at least they're likely to acknowledge holes in ceilings as a genuine problem!

My glass is getting vino-less and I've neglected Keats in favour of online Scrabble (I COULD HAVE GONE TO SEX WITH ROBOTS!) for the past hour, so I think I'll finish up for now. Auf-weidersehn, pets!

1 comment: